The 2015 Bicycle Garage Indy Clinic series starts April 1, and will run through October. Our regular clinics are offered at all three of our locations, with a monthly featured clinic at our North-82nd Street store. All clinics start at 6:30 pm, and typically run 45 minutes (some topics and your questions may result in a longer program). While our clincis are free, pre-registation (link) is strongly encouraged. All clinics are prepared and presented by Bicycle Garage Indy staff.
- 1st Wednesday @ 6:30 pm Featured Clinic at Bicycle Garage Indy North
- 2nd & 4th Mondays @ 6:30 pm at Bicycle Garage Indy Downtown
- 2nd & 3rd Tuesdays @ 6:30 pm at Bicycle Garage Indy Greenwood
- 3rd & 4th Wednesdays @ 6:30 pm at Bicycle Garage Indy North
Clinic Night Coupons and Learn & Earn
Along coupon for discounts on the night of the clinic, our popular Learn & Earn program continues in 2015 – attend 3 clinics, and you recieve $10 off your next purchase.
While every month will feature a Fixing Flat Tires clinic at each location, other topics will be covered through the course of the series.
April Featured Clinic: Preparing for Long Rides – April 1 at our North-82nd St. Store
Have you set a goal of doing a long ride (50-100+ miles) this year?
This clinic will help you reach your goal by giving tips on how to prepare and what to do in the weeks leading up to your next long ride (50-100+ miles).
Our other April Topics
Fixing Flat Tires (Greenwood, April 14 — North, April 15 — Downtown, April 27)
Our most popular clinic, it demostrats how to take care of some the most common problems:
- Preventing and fixing flat tires
- Dropped chain
- Something rubbing or dragging
- Wheel crooked (not about truing, mostly about misaligned quick release)
- Lubing tips to keep squeaks away and keep parts running smoothly
Mastering Your Bike (Downtown, April 13 — Greenwood, April 21 — North, April 22)
Basic bike knowledge to describe issues to your friendly bike mechanic and amaze your friends.
- Quick Guide to Your Bike – names and functions of bike parts.
- ABC Quick Check – a 30-second bike check before every ride
- Basics of Bike Gears – Learn when, how and why to shift gears
- Things to Carry – essentials to have on your bike ride
- Removing and replacing the front wheel
Our clinics are always fun and friendly, and just a part of Bicycle Garage Indy's education offerings, including Bicycle Service Classes, One-on-One bicycle-related instruction, and in-store Special Events, found in our calendar.