"I sit on the Board of the Bicycle Indiana (formerly Indiana Bicycle Coalition) and find it to be the best future hope to unite all cyclists in Indiana for the purpose of making Indiana a better and safer place to bicycle. We need more membership as well as direct contributions to support our programs. You can also support the organization through "I Share the Road" license plates to support the organization – a way to support bicycling in Indiana and show your support of bicycling. Go HERE to join and/or contribute to BI." – Randy Clark
Bicycle Indiana's Mission: Bicycle Indiana promotes safe bicycling, educates bicyclists, motorists and policy makers, and advocates for laws, policies and infrastructure to increase bicycling in Indiana.
- Key activities and accomplishments in 2014
- Hosted Indiana Bike Summit – Bloomington Indiana
- Local Host for the Alliance for Biking & Walking’s Winning Campaigns Training
- Continued the Drivers In The Know Program, Riders In The Know programs, focusing on Elkhart and LaGrange Counties, partnering with Safe Kids Elkhart County, Bike Elkhart, & IndyCog.
- Developed new Audio PSA’s – themed “hidden cyclists”
- Developed digital storybook for motorist outreach on Sharing the Road
- Developed Indiana Guide to Bike/Ped Infrastructure Design for lay-people
- Developed and published Indiana’s Guide for Cyclists – statewide suitability map for bicycling
- Developed and published bicycling wall calendar
- Updated Bicycle Collision Report through 2013
- Continued working with Indiana’s legislators for state-wide safe passing legislation.
- Distributed thousands of Safe Bicycling In Indiana booklets, Bicycling for Fun & Safety Coloring Books, Indiana Law Cards (now in three languages – English, Spanish, & Chinese), and other safety collateral
How You Can Help
Click HERE to join/donate to Bicycle Indiana and do your part to make Indiana more bicycle friendly.