"I sit on the Board of the Bicycle Indiana (formerly Indiana Bicycle Coalition) and find it to be the best future hope to unite all cyclists in Indiana for the purpose of making Indiana a better and safer place to bicycle. We need more membership as well as direct contributions to support our programs. You can also support the organization through "I Share the Road" license plates to support the organization – a way to support bicycling in Indiana and show your support of bicycling. Go HERE to join and/or contribute to BI."
– Randy Clark, Founder and Owner, Bicycle Garage Indy & BGI Fitness
Bicycle Indiana's Mission: Bicycle Indiana promotes safe bicycling, educates bicyclists, motorists and policy makers, and advocates for laws, policies and infrastructure to increase bicycling in Indiana.
- Bike to Work Day continued to grow stronger, with Bicycle Indiana assisting groups and working with mayors’ offices in Anderson, Columbus, Richmond, Warsaw, Fort Wayne, South Bend, Evansville, Lafayette and Indianapolis with events and promotion. More cyclists than ever participated.
- Presented Bicycle-Friendly Community Workshops throughout Indiana
- "I Share the Road" license plates available
- Advocated as the collective voice for improved bicycling laws in the Indiana state legislature.
- Developed bicycle curriculum for use in driver's ed programs statewide
- Created and distributed "Drivers in the Know" public awareness campaign materials and online test
- Distributed thousands of bicycle safety literature throughout the state including: Bicycle Indiana Resource Guide, Safe Cycling in Indiana booklet, and Indiana bicycle law cards.
How You Can Help
Click HERE to join/donate to Bicycle Indiana and do your part to make Indiana more bicycle friendly.