It is fall in the Midwest, which means that winter is not far behind. Certainly time to be thinking how to maintain your bicycle training through the cold months ahead. One option is to use a dedicated piece of indoor cycling equipment – such as the CycleOps Pro Indoor Cycles, available from Bicycle Garage Indy and BGI Fitness.
A primary advantage of indoor training bike is that it saves wear and tear on your good road bike (as opposed to placing your road bike onto a trainer) AND it keeps your road bike available for quick rides outdoors when the warm sunshine makes this possible. But there are other advantages of going with a CycleOps Indoor Cycle.
- The 4-points of adjustment create a fit and feel that most closely approximates the “feel” of your road bike.
- The super stable frame allow you to sprint and climb with wild abandon.
- The freewheeling hub lets you coast and recover just like on your road bike.
- You do not need to worry about the salt in your sweat corroding the top tube of your road bike. CycleOps Indoor Cycles are designed to withstand this salty corrosion.
- These indoor cycles are easily adjustable to multiple family members wishing to use the same unit.
Another advantage with the CycleOps 200, 300 and 400 models is that that included Joule 2.0 computer unit can be matched up with a CycleOps PowerTap™ hub, to give you on-the-road power (watts) output information to help your training.
A very different option is for you to place your road bike onto a trainer, as I mentioned in my earlier blog on Cycleops bicycle trainers.
Bicycle Garage Indy and BGI Fitness are the same store! Come in today and test ride our complete selection of Indoor Cycles, trainers, rollers and accessories, at our North Store (Dean Road at E. 82nd, Indianapolis) or Bicycle Garage Indy South (just seconds west of I65 on County Line Rd, Greenwood). A limited selection of trainers are also in stock at BGI Downtown, in the Indy Bike Hub YMCA at City Market.