Nathan Smurdon, the Cranksgiving organizer and CEO (Chief Exploration Officer) of Active Indy Tours
, also is looking for volunteers (that info is listed below). Contact Nathan directly by email
or cell 317-520-2914 if you're interested in volunteering.
Volunteer needs for Cranksgiving Indy Sunday November 18
9:30 – 11:00 am Registration
If they wish, these volunteers will have the opportunity to participate in the event at the conclusion of their shift.
(2) Greeter Volunteers
Volunteer will greet participants at the entrance to the Biergarten and direct them to the first point in the registration process.
(3) Registration Volunteers
Volunteers will obtain a completed waiver for each participant, provide them with the event manifest and send them to the voucher purchase table where they MUST purchase vouchers to exchange for food at two of the checkpoints. Also make them aware of the IndyCog ride assistance opportunity (available for an additional donation).
(3) Voucher & T-Shirt Sales Volunteers:Volunteers will sell each participant a 2 part voucher that will be exchanged for food at two of the checkpoint locations. At these checkpoints, participants will not purchase the food with cash, but rather with these pre-paid vouchers. The 2 part vouchers is $10. Limited edition Cranksgiving T shirts will also be for sale for $20.
(2) Route Assistance Volunteers (IndyCog)
IndyCog volunteers will man the IndyCog table where participants will have the option of donating $5 to be "mentored" on the checkpoint locations, the photo scavenger hunt locations as well as routes to each of these locations using the new Indy Ride Guide.
11:00 – 2:00 Pedal N Park Greeters
(2) Volunteers at Checkpoint Location #1
(2) Volunteers at Checkpoint Location #2
Volunteers will greet participants and monitor the Pedal N Park racks. Participants are told to bring their own locks – we will not be operating the Pedal N Park as a secure bike parking amenity, but do want to have Cranksgiving volunteers on hand at these locations.
12:00 – 2:00 pm Post Ride Check In
(2) Food Check In Volunteers: Volunteers will greet the riders upon their return & receive their food items.
(2) Photo Scavenger Hunt Volunteers
Volunteers will check any photos taken by the participant and tally the number of photo hunt places the participant collected. Volunteer will also encourage participant to Tweet, Instagram and/or Facebook fun photos of the event.
Bicycle Garage Indy is a providing promotional support for this event.